Twenty-Fifteen New Years Resolutions
Happy twentyfifteen! Hope you all had fun welcoming in the new year and are feeling optimistic about things to come. Like most people, I usually make two or three very open and general resolutions like ‘read more’ or ‘get fit’. Come December, I can never really remember what they were, let alone figure out if I’ve managed to stick to them or not. So this year, I’ve written myself an actual list of ‘fifteen hopes for twentyfifteen’ with the idea that the ability to physically tick them off will motivate me to get on with them. I realise I could’ve done this on any day, but it’s January and it feels like a good time to evaluate and make some changes.
Although I’m not going to share everything from my personal list, I’ve picked out a handful that you might like to borrow for your own. They’re quite self-explanatory so I shan’t ramble on too much, but hopefully there’ll be something you can relate to, too (tutu).
- Be kinder to yourself.
- Make new art.
- Read new books (no, repeatedly re-reading Harry Potter doesn’t count).
- Maintain regular weekly blogging.
- Stop leaving things until the last minute (how is it helping you? HOW?).
- Reduce dependence on the internet (instead spend more time physically doing things).
- Find new hobbies to meet new friends and enjoy laptop-free hours.
- Use SleepCycle and blackout to improve sleep pattern and quality.
- Stop worrying about what others may or may not think.
- Finally learn about the befuddling mystery that is contouring & winged eyeliner.
Have you made any resolutions or wishes for the new year? Are you excited to see snow photos in my first Friday post? Will I actually plan ahead and schedule the post or will I be putting it together tomorrow evening? SO MANY QUESTIONS, and only time will tell.
Love Marie x